Thursday, September 3, 2009

What's For Dinner ?












Last night once again What's For Dinner? is the question. I decide a bowl of Chili would taste good. I have a recipe book of great Chili recipes and always think I will try something else. But in the end I go back to my own recipe. It is good, spicy enough for me and dh and I love it.

It is so easy. Brown one pound of hamburger, drain off the excess grease. Add diced onion if desired and saute. Add 1 tsp of Garlic, 2 tsps of Chili Powder, 1 tsp of cumin, 1 tsp basil, 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp of pepper.

To this add 1 large can (29 oz ) of Tomato sauce, 1 can of diced tomatoes and 1 can of chili or kidney beans. Add one 29 oz can of water.

Stir and let simmer on low for about 45 minutes to 1 hour stirring often.

Top with grated cheese and sour cream if desired. Serve with crackers or crusty bread and salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment