Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Calico Bean Casserole What's For Dinner Saving Money Eating At Home


Last night hubby and I made Calico Bean Casserole and baked potatoes. We love to cook together. Makes everything go faster and easier. He washes the potatoes while I chop the onion and brown the hamburger. He opens the cans of beans while I measure out the ketchup and brown sugar. Dinner in the oven and we can just sit and wait for a delicious Valentines dinner at home

Calico Bean Casserole
1 pound of ground beef (I like 80 percent and then spoon out the grease)
1 small onion diced
1 can of baked beans
1 can of white beans ( drained)
1 can of kidney beans (drained)
1/2 cup of ketchup
1/2 cup of brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
( if I had had bacon in the house I would of browned a couple of pieces up and put that in also.)

Brown hamburger and onion then spoon out the grease.






In a casserole add beef mixture, beans








brown sugar and ketchup.





Mix all together




and bake in 350 oven for 40 to 60 minutes. We added some potatoes to bake along the casserole.

Tasty, comfy food and one of our favorites. I have not made this for about a year so we really enjoyed it.

I will be sharing this at the following sites during the week

Thanks for stopping by... lets keep saving together and please remember
Never under estimate the value of a small amount of money... Grace

5 comments:

  1. Yum! Give me a hearty pot of beany-anything and I'm a happy camper. Sounds great, thanks for sharing it w/ the hearth and soul hop this week! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of a recipe that my aunt always makes and brings to parties! It's been a while since I had hers....thinking I should try this recipe soon!

    I love the idea of a baked potato on the side! Mmmm!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way, I'm your newest follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks really yummy...i know my husband would love this...we have a bit of a cold snap here..i might just whip this up tonight! thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boys would be absolutely crazy over this dish - it would be wonderful for summer parties. Thanks for sharing this with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop!

    ReplyDelete