Sunday, December 26, 2010

Watergate Salad Perfect Buffet Party Food


I really love Water Gate Salad ... my step son calls it the green stuff but it is Water Gate Salad and I am told they served it at the Water Gate Hotel.

My mother would make this for holidays and special occasions so when I make it I always think of her.

It is easy and so tasty... here are the ingredients

1 package of Pistachios instant pudding
8 to 9 oz cool whip
1 can of crushed pineapple juice and all
1/2 package of miniature marshmallows... white or colored..

to the cool whip add the pudding and combine good. Add pineapple with the juice and then marshmallows. Let sit in refrigerator for at least one hour before eating.

Pretty in my glass bowl and a sure winner at our Christmas Eve party..

thanks for stopping by.. I will be sharing this on these blog party sites

8 comments:

  1. I came over from Delicious Dishes. I have never had this before. It sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of my grandmother. Love this salad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try this.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this watergate salad widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about watergate salad,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughters very favorite and you are right about it being a buffet pleaser :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    P.S. Come for a visit and enter in to win a Gooseberry Patch cookbook :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this summer we were visiting friends in oklahoma and they served it on a buffet...but by the time i got to it...it was all gone. i knew then, that it must be good! thank you for sharing this beloved recipe with tuesday night supper club!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Goodness! I was just talking about this with a girlfriend. She gave me the recipe and makes it every Christmas. Yummy!

    ~Liz

    P.S. I'm your latest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks tasty! Thanks for linking up to TDT. Would love to have you stop by anytime.

    Please note the new web addy and rss feed.

    Wendy
    Around My Family Table

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried anything like that before... will have to give it a try sometime!

    Thanks for linking up to Frugal Food Thursday at Frugal Follies last week! The new linky for the week is now up, so please stop by!

    ReplyDelete