Thursday, December 30, 2010

Goal : I Want To Read More Books in 2011



One of my goals is to read more books in 2011. I hardly read last year which is sad for a ex bookstore owner and some one who sells books on the Internet.

Excuses are ....

working to much,

moved from Texas to Minnesota

and mostly WATCHING TO MUCH TV

New goal is to take at least 1 hour and read every day. Turn off TV and read.
Yesterday I actually turned off the TV and read for an hour. Reading Vince Flynn " Protect and Defend " enjoyable thriller. 9th book and the 8th in his Mitch Rapp series.

If you are looking to read more pop over to Life at Mom's she has put together a reading club.

She has put together two options
1. structured list
2. make your own list of books

Every one will check in on the 10th of January and share what they plan to read and then the due date book should of been read is the next month on the 10th

My plan is to read at least one book a month and more if possible. With one hour a day I should be able to do that. I will have a combination of non fiction and fiction ( mystery/thrillers)

I have started my pile of book will decide the rest over the next days.
My plan is to read books I already have bought and not read rather than look for more.
Except for a couple of selections. I am still looking for a used copy of Mary Higgins Clark's newest title.

Another goal I have is to read through the bible in one year. Every year I plan to do this but have never accomplished it.
I found an old book mark from 1992 that had a list of what to read every day.
I will be using this list starting the first of January.
If you are a fan of Dave Ramsey here is his suggestion of reading. I have a couple of these titles that I have not read and may add to my pile.
Hope that you will join in with reading more. I would love to hear what you are planning to read this next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment