Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Skillet Chicken Parmesan What's For Dinner




From Best of Betty Crocker 2010

Good morning everyone. I am attempting to cook at least one new recipe every week. Gives us a new meal on the table and something for me to share with everyone out there. If possible I choose Monday so that I can link up to all the recipe linkys during the week. You can see these weekly linkys by going to bottom of posting. As the week goes by I add the new linkys offered, so you want to come back during the week to see the new links.

Last night hubby and I made Skillet Chicken Parmesan. I have to admit I had never had this. If I have pasta out it is with white sauce with chicken or red sauce with beef. My girlfriend Alison lent me 3 cookbooks to try out.

Our meal turned out really good and will go into my recipe binder to cook again in the future.




Skillet Chicken parmesan Recipe
Prep time 25 minutes
Start to finish 25 minutes
servings 4

3/4 cup bisquick mix


1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 egg


4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz each)
3 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
2 cups of tomato pasta sauce ( next time I will put in whole jar of pasta sauce since we like extra pasta sauce




1 cup of shredded Italian Cheese blend ( I did not have this so used a mixture of colby and monterey cheese)

1. In shallow dish or pie plate, mix Bisquik mix, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. In another shallow dish or pie plate beat egg. Coat chicken with Bisquick mixture, then dip in egg and coat again with Bisquick mixture.




2. In 12 nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning once until golden brown. Cover; cook 8 to 10 minutes longer, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170 degrees). Remove skillet to plate.



3. Add pasta sauce to skillet. Place chicken on top of sauce. Sprinkle with Italian cheese blend. Cover; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.



While chicken is cooking, bring pasta water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to directions.


1 serving 580 calories ( before pasta)




serve over cooked pasta spooning extra pasta sauce on noodles.
Print Grocery List

Dinner turned out really good. I am attempting to cut back on meat. My package of chicken only had three breasts and they were big. I ate less than half of a chicken breast with pasta and hot bread. There is only the two of us so we have another dinner to eat this week.
during the week I will be linking my recipe to
Thanks for stopping by... lets keep saving together ... Grace

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I don't see the Say Mmm print grocery link. Let me know if you need help adding it. This video is very helpful in how to do that:

    http://www.saymmm.com/addlist.php

    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you picked a good one! Looks fantastic. Thanks for linking up to Hunk of Meat Monday! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Skillet Chicken Parmesan looks delicious and I can't wait to try it. Thank you so much for bringing it to Full Plate Thursday to share with us. You have a great week end and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so delicious...no wonder it made the best of! thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a meal like this - easy and full of flavor! I just learned to make a "homemade" bisquick and I would love to try it with this recipe. I am late but thank you for linking this to the hearth and soul hop!

    ReplyDelete