Sunday, November 7, 2010

Freezer Cooking Stage 2 Souper Good Meat Loaf

With winter closing on us here in Northern Minnesota I am in the mood to cook and get some freezer meals ready for cold nights and easy cooking.
I do not want to spend hours at one time cooking enough food for a month or more. So I am doing it in stages. Our freezer is really only the top of a refrigerator so could not get that much in any way.
Here is Stage 2 Souper Good Meat Loaf .. Stage 1 was our really tasty Chili

My recipe for meat loaf is off the Lipton Onion soup box.


The recipe calls for two pounds of hamburger


To the hamburger I added 1 package of onion soup mix

2 egg



1/3 cup of ketchup


16 or so crushed saltine crackers

1 Tablespoon of Worcester sauce.

3/4 cup of water

Mix all ingredients together and shape into 2 loafs.

We then baked for an hour if we plan to eat right away.. This makes 8 servings.


I like to take the left overs and add them to left over baked or boiled potatoes and make a home made hash for another meal


Rather than bake today I have shaped into 2 loafs and wrapped into Aluminum foil. I am freezing these for future meals.



That is stage 2 of my Freezer Cooking Plan.. I now have 3 dinners of Chili for 2, 1 light lunch for 2 and 2 meat loafs that for the 2 of us will make 4 meals.


Thanks for stopping by.. Lets keep saving together .. and watch for stage 3 Freezer meals coming. I have 3 pounds of ground beef waiting for me to make meals with... Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment