Wednesday, June 1, 2011

SAVED QUARTER CHALLENGE ~ Time To Get Into Gear


Good morning everyone, this is a picture of my beautiful city from the beach we live near. I love to look at my Lake Superior.
I have to admit I have been a bit of a slacker lately. Not planning my menus like I did in the past. Not posting on my blog as often as I should which is why my numbers are going the wrong way. I have been putting alot of my energy into selling on eBay.
One of my weekly posting was my saved quarter challenge. How did we do on saving money and budgeting what we have.
Well while I may not have saved as much money as we want , we have been busy trying to make money on eBay.
We have been busy going to estate sales and garage sales. Going to auctions and even putting items in the auction house to sell.
Reason is we want to move into a larger apartment end of July and we need to come up with $1,000 for the deposit. We do have a currant deposit on this 400 square foot apartment but can not count on getting that back in time for the new apartment.
So hubby and have been working harder than ever. My goal is to put roughly half of the money made every week into the bank. The other half will be going into the hunting for more treasures envelope.
I started this savings account yesterday with $10.00. We received $29.00 from Amazon. I pulled a twenty dollar bill for the hunting envelope and had hubby deposit $10.00 into savings. $990.00 to go.
We do have a garage sale planned in June. We live on park point and every year there is the big park point garage sale. We will take part and I am hoping to make money for our moving account.
Will give you updates as money goes into our savings account and will share about our new apartment soon.
Will share some of the items I have found in another posting. Thanks for taking the time to read my posting. See you soon. Grace

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to have you back in the challenge and am excited to see you meet your goal so you can move into the new apartment!

    ReplyDelete