Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What's For Dinner Cream Cheese Potato Soup




I had found this recipe on the Internet for Cream Cheese Potato Soup at http://www.food.com/recipe/paneras-cream-cheese-potato-soup-150863 I love Potato soup so gave it a try last night for dinner. It was very good. I had cut the recipe in half since there is only two of us. That was a mistake. We each had one bowl and no left overs.




The broth cooked down while cooking the potatoes so I had to add an extra 1 1/2 cups of water during the cooking process. This did not harm the recipe. I did not have any ground red pepper in the house either. This soup is a winner and will be made again during the winter, that is for sure.
I made my chicken broth out of Instant Bouillon so this keeps the cost down, I had bought the potatoes on sale a while back and the store brand cream cheese was $2.69 and I used only 1/2. I think this was great soup and was not costly at all. Why would I ever buy can potato soup again when this is so easy.




Thanks for stopping by... Lets keep saving together.. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment