Thursday, October 21, 2010

Making A Price Book For Grocery Shopping

I have thought about starting a price book for the grocery stores to help us save money on groceries and home supplies. Most of the time I know what is a good buying price on some items but not on everything we may use on a regular basis.

Earlier this week I found a wonderful site on having an Organized Home. There is so much there to help us become organized in our home life.

Well back to the price book, tonight I went searching the site and she talks about the price book. It has everything we know about it, but still interesting read and maybe a kick in the back end to get me to start this price book. You can read about it at
http://organizedhome.com/kitchen-tips/make-price-book-save-money . This idea for the price book was first publicized by Amy Dacyczyn, author of Complete Tightwad Gazette.

There are many different methods for a price book. The most important thing is to find a method that will be used and convenient to use. Methods could be a large or small ring binder, a spiral notebook or a spread sheet. I feel it should be a method that is easy to take to the grocery store.

Here is an example from the Organized home site.



Next is to grab some of those last grocery receipts. There is all the information needed right there.

I plan to put this to work and look forward to knowing a good price when I see it.

Plan of action . 1. go to store and buy a small spiral notebook to carry in my purse. 2. Find my recent grocery receipts, record and get started.

How about you? Do you keep a price guide book? Would love to hear your ideas and answer.

Thanks for stopping by.. Lets keep saving together... Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment