Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Whats For Dinner Easy Chili Cornbread Bake



Recently I found a recipe at Brenda's Canadian Kitchen for her Chili Cornbread Bake and thought it looked so tasty.
This is my super easy version for the two of us, Chili from the freezer thawed out and slightly warmed and 1 box of Jiffy cornbread mix prepared by box directions. ( bought the corn mix on sale at Walgreen's a while back)

You can get my Chili recipe here .. trust me it is really good and freezes good with the beans included.

Started the corn bread batter with mix, milk and egg





Greased my casserole and spread about 1/2 of cornbread batter in bottom of casserole.

To this I added about 1/3 of my chili recipe from recipe above ( that is what I had in one freezer dish).

Next I spread process cheese on top of chili ( did not have enough shredded cheese in house)
and did not plan to go out for just this since it is snowing outside..

Poured remainder of corn bread batter on top of cheese and then remainder of my shredded cheese ( had about 1/4 cup of cheese ) on batter.



Baked in preheated 425 degree oven.
Boy did it turn out good. Next time I would have 1/2 to 2/3 of my chili recipe in the casserole.
I added a small dollop of sour cream on the side since I always put it on my chili.


I will be sharing this at

Hearth and Soul

Slightly Indulgent Tuesday

Who is Laura

Healthy Home

A Beautiful Mess

Mouth Watering Monday

Tuesday Twister

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

Tuesdays At The Table

Delicious Dishes

Anti Procrastination Tuesday

Tasty Tuesday

Tuesday Night Supper Club

Menu Inspiration Monday

Menu Plan Monday

Hunk Of Meat Monday

Tidy Mom

Life As Mom

Grocery Cart Callenge

Thanks for stopping by.... Lets keep saving together.. and please remember Never Under Estimate The Value Of A Small Amount Of Money.. Grace

5 comments:

  1. What a cute blog you have! It sounds like a yummy idea, mixing chili & cornbread mix (if you're gonna go mix, Jiffy really IS the best). I'm your newest follower from the Hearth & Soul Hop! Please follow me back @ Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry if this is a duplicate, but I think I just poofed my comment :) I love this recipe! I serve something similar at my house all the time. I just use whatever leftover soup is floating around the fridge. I do a layer of soup, a layer of cheese, and then the cornbread on top, and it's always a hit! Thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop. You've got a great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did we do before Jiffy Cornbread Mix? This sounds wonderful. I have some beef stew left over I think I'll try that also. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea...i think this would go over well around here! thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a truly heartwarming and tummy warming dish!
    so comforting and yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete