Sunday, January 1, 2012

BOOK LIST 2012 READING MORE THIS NEXT YEAR


One of my goals is to read more this next year. I hope to read a fiction and a non fiction every month. I also plan to read the 5 Minute New Testiment. Just read day one.
I am adding Proverbs to my daily list. A chapter a month this month and every month. There are 31 chapters in Proverbs. David Ramsey says he reads it every month, a chapter a day. Plan to add that to this list.
Since one of my main interests is my genealogy project some of my non fiction reading will be something historical or to do with working on my family tree.
For my first non fiction book I will read Lincolnites and Rebels A Divided Town In The American Civil War by Robert Tracy McKenzie. The divided town is Knoxville Tennesee. This will give me an idea to what life was like for my ancestors. My 2nd and 3rd great grandparents lived during this period with three of my great grandparents being born during this period of the civil war. I had one great great grandfather fight in the civil war. Two were born in Tennessee but by the time of the civil war had moved to Iowa.
I just finished John Sandford's Storm Prey and will now move to his next prey book Buried Prey.
What are you planning to read this year. Do you stack a pile of books together or just go month by month. I tend to go month by month since I never can decide what I want to read till I pick up the book.
Have a great night and happy reading. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment