Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dinner From The Pantry and Freezer Pantry Challenge Continues



Tonight it is cold outside, at least cold for Texas. We may even get frost. Now I am wondering why I left San Diego. Family is the reason and a good reason I guess. I am getting to know my great granddaughter and 2 great grandsons. Well worth the cold cloudy weather.

Tonight I wanted comfort. Not to much comfort since I am desiring to lose weight this year.

So tonight was a Hamburger Hot Dish. That is what we call it in Minnesota. Different parts of the country would call it a casserole. This would be a church supper staple along with a jello salad.

So it was Hamburger with a jar of Ragu and 1 can of diced tomatoes added. Seasoned with a little salt, pepper and onion and garlic. Hubby added some velvetta cheese cubes. I mixed up a package of corn bread and opened up some peas and dinner was ready in 60 minutes.

Best of all there is more than one more meal left over.

How is your pantry challenge going.
I love looking for ways to saving money on my groceries and eating out. Hope that I can be helping you as I help my household

Thanks For Stopping By ... Lets Keep Saving Together .. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment