Sunday, December 12, 2010

Freezer Cooking Stage 2.. Lets Make Spaghetti Sauce

Stage 2 of my Freezer Cooking is making Spaghetti Sauce.This recipe will feed 6 but since it is just the 2 of us I can stretch it to 3 meals

As I browned the ground beef hubby diced up 1/4 of an onion.


Once the ground beef was browned we spooned out the grease and added the onion to brown.
To this was added sugar, salt, pepper,oregano, thyme, basil and garlic.

Then comes the tomato products



Simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour and you are ready to eat.
Spoon over cooked Spaghetti, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese ( if desired)

Recipe
1 1/2 pounds of ground beef ( I used 85 percent)
1/4 of an onion
1/2 tsp of sugar
1/2 tsp of salt ( we are cutting down on salt)
1 tsp of pepper
1 1/2 tsp of oregano,
1 1/2 tsp of thyme
1 1/2 tsp of basil
1 tsp of garlic
1 16 oz can of tomato sauce
1 oz can of diced tomatoes
I love our Spaghetti sauce, better than any I have ever had in an Italian restaurant. In the freezer it goes for future meals.

Thanks for stopping by .. grace

No comments:

Post a Comment