Thursday, January 27, 2011

To Get A Refund Or Not From The Tax Man


picture from msn site

To get a refund or not get a refund? It is that time again. Tax time guys, time to start figuring out our taxes.

At this time of the year there are several articles on which is smarter get a tax refund or not get a tax refund.

Not only do I enjoy reading these articles but most of all I love the comments. Especially those that fare justifying giving the government too much of your money to use interest free all year long.

I would rather have my money to live on, pay my bills and put some into a saving account. May not be much interest gained if any but I can get at it in case of an emergency.

Just try contacting the tax people in June and asking for some of that money right then. Hey tax guys I need tires can I have some of my money back now. What do you think the answer will be?

I would rather get $100 back or owe $100 rather than pay in too much every quarter. One year we owed a small amount and had a penalty of $1.00. Give me a break about I don't want to pay a penalty. My husband figures how much we will probably owe and comes real close every year. We make quarterly tax payments and keep as much of our money as possible in our bank account.

Oh well, to each there own. Read the article and most of all read the comments. Grab a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy the reasoning some have for over paying all year long.

Thanks for stopping by... Lets keep saving together... and please always remember
Never under estimate the value of a small amount of money... Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment