Thursday, January 27, 2011

Grocery Store Challenge Round Up 1/27/11

Can you believe that it is the 27th of January. Seems like it was New Years Eve. Another week has passed and I have managed to reduce my grocery bill another week. The savings to go into our emergency fund.


First trip was to Walgreens ... you can click on the link to read the details of this trip. I used my near expiring store bucks and a little cash. Spent $1.18 with savings of $19.40




Second trip was to Rainbow in the big city yea for double coupons. Click on the link to see details of this shopping trip. Spent $16.04 with savings of 19.30



Third trip was to Cub Foods to pick up
Tostito chips $2.00
potato chips $ 2.44
5 # bag of potatoes (tip I read about recently.. weigh these bags they can fluctuate by about a pound. First bag was 4 1/2 pounds and the back I bought was 5 1/2 pounds.)
French bread $1.99 ( divided and will be used in 4 menus)
Bread $1.49
Havarti cheese $4.19 ( expensive but will make my lunch at home sandwiches a treat and will be used on grilled cheese sandwiches that turn them from good to FANTASTIC
Velvetta cheese $4.99 .. great on grilled cheese sandwichs and hubby loves it. Last two weeks was 50 cents more. Glad that they bought it down just when we wanted it.
milk $2.99
sour cream $2.50
Total spent $26.57 no coupons on items used.

Last trip to Walgreens was to buy 2 store brand cough drops using store coupon. Spent $1.00 savings $1.00




We never make a special trip out of our way. When ever we go to the store it is planned and on our route.

Total spent this week $44.79
Total for the month $220.83
Total remaining this month $19.47 this will be the end of my month shopping trip and will go into savings for emergency month.

I will be linking this up

Grocery Cart Challenge

Frugal Follies

Deals and Dishes

Homemaking Mom


Thanks for stopping by... lets keep saving together and please always remember
Never under estimate the value of a small amount of money... Grace

2 comments:

  1. I love saving at the supermarket too. Just grabbed a box of 36 mandarin oranges for S$12. Now I'm all set for Chinese New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could say the same about never making unplanned trips to the grocery, thankfully, they are not too far from me, so at least it's not a huge detour. Great shopping trip! Please come link up at the Bluegrass Savers Weekly Shopping Page BTW kudos on a 20 year marriage. I love it! We've been married for 2 and planning on staying that way forever! It makes me smile to see a couple that is doing just that.

    ReplyDelete