Friday, January 14, 2011

Grocery Shopping Challenge 1/13/11

Friday is when I do my grocery shopping round up from the last week. How did I do. We have a grocery budget of $60.00 a week for the two of us. Sounds like a lot doesn't it. But less than what the goverment lists for a family of two senior citizens on the thrifty side.

My goal is to see if I can cut this down even more so I can build up our emergency fund.

This week shopping was several trips as usual but we pass by the grocery stores often so not out of the way.


Walgreens
2 trips there for the Special K cereal deal spent a total of $10.00 and received back $8.00 back in register rewards. We bought a total of 8 boxes of cereal. I gave 1/2 to my brother and his wife who are living on a tighter budget than we are.
I will need to use these next week so I do not lose them when they expire. I am hoping walgreens has some good deals this next week but what I see posted so far does not look good. I do not need any more toothpaste, shampoos. Maybe I will treat myself to some diet coke. I have pretty much stopped buying this for the food budget.


Super One
Bought 2 potato bread $1.88 each
tomato paste 4 for 49 cents each
bush beans large can $2.19
Skippy peanut butter $1.49
Peter Pan peanut butter 99 cents
Pasta 2 for $2.50
Ketchup 99 cents
Bath tissue $4.94
3 Tomato sauce 49 cents each
4 Chili beans 49 cents each
Branschwigr $1.99
2 Land of Frost lunch meat $2.00 each
Total after using coupons $26.38 total savings with coupons and store sales 38 percent


Super One .. passing by any way so stopped for these items
2 beef broth 67 cents each
4 candy bars 50 cents each
total spent after coupons $3.00 total savings after coupons and store savings 42 percent


Cub Foods
6 Campbell soup sale 39 cents each with store coupon then I used a 25 cent coupon on them
2 jar gravy $1.50 each
1 Lipton onion soup mix$1.29
Sour cream $2.99
total spent $9.37 after coupons and store sales saved 31 percent


Cub foods 2nd trip passing by any way
2 tuna buy 1 get 1 free 88 cents
2 spagetti pasta buy 1 get 1 free 99 cents
2 Pasta sauce buy 1 get 1 free $1.50
1 milk sale price $1.98
2 Kraft shredded cheese $2.59 each
total after spent after coupons $9.53 savings after coupons 37 percent


Cub foods passing by any way
6 more tomato soup 39 cents each with coupon had another 25 cent coupon to use also
1 Roast Beef $11.42
bag of onions FREE
bag of potatoes FREE
bag of carrots FREE
total spent after coupons $13.51 savings of 33 percent


Total spent this last week $71.79
Total for the month $135.51
Left of monthly Budget $$104.49

I will be sharing this at
Grocery Cart Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment