Monday, March 14, 2011

Saved Quarter Challenge # 10 .. Lowering Health Insurance Premiums


Saved Quarter Challenge Week #10 Sold a couple of items On Ebay this week. Not much so profit is small.
The one thing we did do a couple weeks ago is apply for cheaper health insurance for me. Negative part is our deductable will increase to $4,000 from $1,000.
I am pleased to let you know that I was accepted and our monthly premium will be $360 less. The plan is to bank all or most of that amount to build up the $4,000 deductible.
So while we did not add anything to savings this week that will change next month. No I just have to stay healthy for a year or more. I was in the hospital in Ocober for 11 days so think I should be good for awhile.

What are you doing to reduce your monthly expenses? Are you doing anything to increase your income?
To read how I did other weeks you can go here.
I will be sharing this over at Saved Quarter Challenge .. take a look to see how others are doing.
Thanks for stopping by.. lets keep saving together and please always remember
Never under estimate the value of a small amount of money.. Grace

1 comment:

  1. That monthly premium savings is great, and if you save it for a year you have your deductible. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete