Wednesday, March 16, 2011

TIP FOR THE DAY PAPERS TO TOSS IN THE TRASH / RECYCLE BIN




Papers can over flow our homes. For all of us it is important to keep some control over the paper coming into our lives.
Here are some ideas for the papers to toss with out a thought

Articles or brochures you have not needed in years.
Old grocery receipt ( except if needed for a rebate.. clip to rebate till you get the qualifiers off the product and then get into the mail as soon as possible.. I have two rebates waiting for me to finish up and mail off )
As you get the junk mail and advertisers open over the grocery can and toss right away
expired coupons ( my grocery store honors them up to 2 to 3 months but there are only certain coupons I will use at the store .. the rest I toss once they are expired since drug stores, target and Walmart will not take expired coupons)
Once an insurance policy has expired .. shred or toss in the garbage
I keep a file folder in my file cabinet for warranties and instructions for kitchen products like toaster, coffee pot etc. Once a year I go through that file and toss out these items if I no longer have the product.
Newspapers a week is enough to hold on to these .. I toss out last Sunday's paper as I bring in the new Sunday paper.
Old magazines.. if there are articles you still want to read tear out that article and put into file folder to read later.

Lets take control of this paper problem even if it is only for 15 minutes a day. Set the time and clean out something like your coupon binder/folder.

Thanks for stopping by.. lets keep saving together.. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment