Saturday, July 30, 2011

THE JOY AND FUN OF GARAGE SALES LOOKING FOR TREASURES

I love garage sales and with our short summer here in Minnesota that fun is short lived. Yesterday was beautiful. Warm and sunny but not to hot. Before leaving home I filled a small cooler with water and my wallet with some twenties and off we went.
We are on the hunt for items to resell and a couple of items for our selves. First stop was an estate sale run by the family. I love those, you can visit with the family and get items at reasonable prices. First find was a true treasure a paint by number nautical scene. It was painted by her uncle Art and since my dear daddy's name was Art it had to be mine. A while back I saw a room decorated with paint by number nautical scenes. I can not remembe if I saw this on the Internet or in a magazine, but it stuck with me. I know have the start of a collection. I may never find another reasonable paint by number but I have at least one. And I only paid $1.00 for this art piece.
At the same sale I found a vintage brown Samsonite suit case and it matches my travel case that I told you about a few days ago. These will be priced and put in the antique store. This suit case was also only $1.00, what a buy. I found a styrfoam head for 50 cents. Just what I wanted to display my hair bonnet from a vintage hair dryer. I had bought this great vintage GE hairdryer the night before in a box lot for $1.00. It is now up for sale on eBay with a starting bid of $9.99. Mint green in color and with its original box it should sell.

I found so many great items yesterday but it is time to wrap this up and get out of my home to go hunting again. I will share more later. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.. Grace
PS please do not tell my sons I have started another collection ( vintage paint by number).


No comments:

Post a Comment