Sunday, March 6, 2011

TIP FOR THE DAY ~ MAKE A POT OF SOUP




Tip for the day ... make a pot of soup. Once a week I like to make a pot of soup. Not only is it a thrifty way to have a quick dinner or lunch .. just think of the money you will save in the long run.

On the end of the store aisle you see a brand name soup advertised 4/$5.00. For $1.25 you get this little can of soup. Grab a chicken from the store. Cook and have some for dinner and boil the bones to make a broth. ( you can always buy broth if necessary). Add the left over chicken make a soup using left overs from the fridge or some of that frozen mixed vegetables you bought on sale. Throw in some pasta and some spices and you will have a nice pot of soup to last you for a week of lunches.


Check out my recipe for Chicken vegetable pasta soup here or cheesy lasagna soup or any of my other recipes on the side bar of my post. I try to make a pot of soup every week, not only does it make our life easier but I know it does not cost me $5.00 to make what would be 4 cans of that name brand soup.


Thanks for stopping by.. lets keep saving together and please always remember

Never under estimate the value of a small amount of money.. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment